DISCOVERING YOUR AUTHENTIC LEADERSHIP THROUGH THE HERO’S JOURNEY
A Six-Week Live-Streaming Program
With David Irvine
October 15th to November 26th, 2021
No session on November 19th, 2021
The course consists of six 90 minute live-streamed sessions (on Zoom).
Sessions are scheduled Fridays, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM MT.
Overview and Benefits
Learn the alchemy
True human beings know.
The moment you accept
what troubles you’ve been given,
the door will open.
We all have the capacity to inspire and empower others. But to earn the trust and credibility to be called a true leader requires a devotion to our personal growth and development as human beings. This begins with a dedication to embracing times of change and difficulty in our lives, allowing the pain to break us open so a stronger, wiser and kinder self can emerge. Be prepared for a reflective, provocative, practical, and deeply personal transformational experience. Through this six-week experience, David guides people to their authentic leadership capacity by using the framework of the hero’s journey as you build a supportive community with like-minded difference makers.
- Learn how transitions are the gateways to discovering authentic leadership.
- Learn practical ways to travel the unknown terrain of loss and leave with tools to help you discover the freedom to authentically face the necessary endings in your personal or professional life.
- Learn a systematic discipline for discerning what is absolutely essential in your life and eliminating everything that is not, so you can travel the path to what truly matters.
- Discover how to use times of transition in your life to awaken to your life’s purpose.
- Unearth your gifts and talents and find ways to bring them more fully to all areas of your life.
- Learn how to use difficult times, traumas, and challenges to identify your gifts that will help shape your leadership passion and presence.
- Discover a path to your passion – beyond your roles – that can be applied inside or outside your career.
- Learn to set up good habits that sustain you with resiliency and renewal.
- Explore who you are and who you are meant to be as you get to know a deeper level of yourself.
- Get more comfortable with who you are, away from the roles that have defined you.
- Find the freedom of balancing being with doing.
- Tap into the power of your inner guides.
- Discover the power of mindfulness – living in the present moment.
- Take time away from the demands of your life to ask soul-searching questions that will lead you to a life of meaning and fulfillment.
- Map out key guideposts and steps for living the life you are meant to live that will enable you to stay on track beyond the completion of the course.
$750 per person
Who Should Attend
Leaders (with or without a title) are always navigating transitions. Building resilience, capacity, and accountability amid constant change – while keeping people engaged – is now a fundamental requirement for leadership. But where’s your road map? What are your strategies? Where are your tools?
This six-week online program is designed for anyone experiencing transition. Whether you’re going through a life crisis, a career change, an organizational redesign, the loss of a loved one, retirement, a relationship transition, business or partnership transitions, economic transitions, or a pandemic, you can commit to emerging from your current challenge with great authenticity, clarity, meaning, and fulfillment.
Session I. A Roadmap for the Transformational Journey – Discover the framework of the hero’s journey as you look at your life through a mythological lens. Learn to use change and crisis as doorways to deepen and transform your life, connect with your authentic self, and create a pathway to a rich and meaningful life as you amplify your impact as a leader. You will also connect with your authentic self – letting go of the life you have planned so as to have the life you are meant to live.
Session II. Clarifying Your Values – Refine and spell out your values so they can be an inner compass in all your decisions through the disruptive storms of life.
Session III. Living Mindfully Through The Chaos – Learn to create the life you want by being present to the life you have. You will also take away practical strategies to turn anxiety, fear, and resistance into allies.
Session IV. Endings, Grief, and Resiliency – This session will help you understand the process of grief, help you navigate loss and/or trauma, and learn practical ways to stay strong during times of grief, disruption and chaos – while staying connected to yourself and others.
Session V. Awaken to Your Life’s Purpose – Leave this session with a clear roadmap for finding both your inner and your outer life purpose.
Session VI. Integration – Keeping On Track – The final session integrates the course material into a practical, hands-on roadmap with accompanying habits for staying authentic and staying on track.
Click to Contact Us with Content Questions
David Irvine, the Leader’s Navigator
David is a widely sought-after speaker, author, and trusted leadership advisor. His work has helped build accountable, authentic organizations across North America, making him one of the most respected voices on leadership and organizational culture.
He has advanced degrees in human development, science, and social work. With more than 35 years of experience as a family therapist, workshop facilitator, lecturer, and adviser to executives, he has developed a unique personal and practical approach to inspiring leaders and transforming lives.
David has worked with people in the public, private, not-for-profit, family business, and entrepreneurial sectors across North America, including:
- CEOs and senior executives
- all levels of management
- frontline service providers
- healthcare professionals
- law enforcement personnel
Thousands of people attend his programs every year, and he has also taught courses at three universities and the Banff Centre. David’s presentations, workshops, retreats, and writing won’t just move you – they’ll get you moving.
David is a bestselling author of seven books, with over 300,000 copies sold worldwide. The Other Everest: Navigating the Pathway to Authentic Leadership is the most recent and brings together the learnings, teachings, and wisdom gleaned over a lifetime of meaningful work.
The popular Caring Is Everything: Getting to the Heart of Humanity, Leadership and Life, deals with the importance of caring in all aspects of our lives.
As a former nationally ranked distance runner, he also maintains an active lifestyle of yoga, boxing, and hiking. David lives with his wife in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in western Canada.